This website has been specifically designed to be accessible to users with disabilities. Striving for the highest accessibility standards, this website has been successfully validated by software provided by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Watchfire validators.
Accessibility Features of this Web Site
- Consistent navigation. Extremely important for accessibility, consistency is maintained with main navigation menu on the top of each page.
- Style Sheets. The "look" (formatting such as color, font-size, general layout) of the entire website is controlled by style sheets. As a result, users have the option to alter this website's appearance by substituting their own style sheet. For example, a person with a specific type of color blindness may substitute their own style sheet to alter this website's color scheme to accommodate their needs. Style sheets also reduce coding clutter which enhances ease of navigation when using screen reader software.
- Relative Font Sizes Using Percentages. Unlike fixed-sized fonts, percentage fonts automatically adjust relative to their context. For example, if a user chooses to view entire page at a magnified level, each font percentage will adjust proportionately.
- Alt Tags. Graphics have a text description (called Alt Tag) accessible to assistive software.
- Highest industry coding standards. All coding of website meets the highest specifications of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) XHTML standards and priority 1 Bobby ADA compliance standards.
- Specialized plugin at the bottom left of the page that allows the user to adjust the page to their specific needs.
If you have any questions or you would like to schedule an appointment, please call 786-377-7777.
To find the medical center nearest you, please enter your ZIP code here: